2.0

Paid for my family's June 2020 cruise mainly through Carnival gift cards purchased via my children's school. $500/month for a quite a few months.

As instructed by your website they were discarded after use. I called today to request a refund of our cruise and to arrange how I would receive my monies. Was told by customer service (on the third phone call attempt, I kept getting hung up on) that they would only issue my money back to the original form of payment.. to all of those gift cards long ago thrown in the trash.

She expressed sympathy and told me I would need to call the gift card line, that they should be able to assist me. That rep said he can only sell them and provide balances. I would need to call accounting and gave me their extension. After another extended hold time, a woman named Ana answered, all I stated was that I was having an issue with a refund and she immediately placed me on hold and it sounds like I am back in the que again for general customer service.

(Currently at 75 min plus wait time) I am sympathetic that your employees are working from home and stretched thin, but I also can't be the only customer in this situation and there must be an acceptable solution that allows your large corporation to process my refund to the positive experience of my family and that will leave us feeling that Carnival truly does value their customers. I am simply asking for a refund to the card I made my initial deposit on and they are refusing.

User's recommendation: Don’t Book With Carnival.

Location: Hemet, California