86 views
Verified Reviewer

Sooo....Is it fair that Carnival Cruise wait until passengers pay in full to offer the opportunity to cancel or postpone travel plans while CORONA is in the air?

I called a few weeks ago and spoke to a representative regarding my concerns about my cruise and the CORONA virus that is now in the air. I was told that I would lose my deposit if I chose not to cruise even if I had insurance. I expressed I thought that was unfair because I am being asked to risk my health over a vacation.

One day after I made my final payment, I receive an email with flexibility to cancel if need due to CORONA virus. The PDF of the email attachment was dated several days before the date I paid. Why was this not sent to all passengers on that day? Why wait until we are paid in full?

That email should have been sent to all passengers whether or not we paid in full with the option to cancel if need even if our deposits would be held as a credit for future travel.

I would have been comfortable to know that if an emergency arise with my family, I could have used the extra money to take care of my family and move forward with my cruise accordingly. I think that is an indirect way of forcing us to commit one way or another... given the current health situation and risk factors. That was sneaky, nasty and bad business ethics. Carnival should put an end to that practice immediately. Yes you are running a business, but people are booking with you because they want to; so chances are they will be back. ***

Product or Service Mentioned: Carnival Cruise Line Cruise Booking.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I had the same experience. I had made a $198 deposit.

I tried to cancel and was told no refund on my deposit.

I hope they sink. Very sneaky.

Carnival Cruise Line Reviews