Their professionalism and customer service is horrible I boarded a cruise for 7 days, upon one of the destinations in Bahamas I was left behind due to losing track of time while spreading my deceased Son ashes in the ocean so all my luggage was left on the cruise.I was told I could not pick them up they would have had to ship them to me.

I received my luggage about 9 days later that was destroyed and my items were stolen contacted them to do a complaint they said go through Fedex Fedex blames it on Carnival I never got my stuff resolved they try to send me a $100 check and told me that they're not responsible for any items damaged but nor did they offer for me to pay for a damage waiver or insurance.My items were new with tags my luggage pieces alone was worth way more than $100

Review about: Carnival Cruise Lines Cruise.

2.7
Number of Destinations
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Carnival Cruise Line?

Comments

California, United States #1098239

How is this the cruise line's fault?

Chandler94
to Anonymous #1100719

Its the cruise lines responsibility to have an additional Avenue in place if any situation occurs regarding the person's items. Is called CUSTOMER SERVICE RELATIONS. I was not asked or allowed to purchase insurance either allowed to pick up my item from the port to make sure my personal items were secured, so yes it would be their responsibility to ensure that my items were received correctly and not damaged or stolen.

to Chandler94 #1135389

It was your responsibility to get back to the ship where you left your possessions on time, just like the thousands of other cruisers did...I understand the sympathy grab with the ashes and everything, but you still knew when boarding was and should have had an additional Avenue in place for keeping track of the time. A stop watch with an alarm, for example.

to Chandler94 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1183229

But wasn't it YOUR responsibility to get yourself back on board the ship before it set sail again? Had you done so, you would not have been separated from your belongings, correct?