Additional Fees

We booked a week-long cruise a year ahead of time. It was to be a last fling for our thirtieth wedding anniversary even though we are elderly retired folks on social security and meager savings, my wife being disabled and myself a Vietnam vet on VA health care.

We were very careful to inquire whether or not we could cancel the cruise without penalty. Their representative assured us on the phone that we could get our $500 deposit back if we did it at least 76 days before the cruise. We had a recent financial setback, so I requested a year before the cruise date that they cancel the cruise, but unbeknownst to us, they had chosen a category of cruise for us that denies the refunding of a deposit, but gives you a (give me a break!) credit for a future cruise that we probably won't be around to take.

They said that they had notified us of course in an email that we didn't catch on end of email legalese after we had already made the deposit. Fat chance that after this ripoff we will ever take a cruise with these pirates.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carnival Cruise Line Cruise.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Refund policy.

Comments