1.9
Number of Destinations
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

Update by user Oct 21

I followed up with texts directly to Carnival corporate office. I asked for compensation of $400, the dollar difference between the Bermuda cruise I paid for and the Grand Turk cruise they swapped in due to weather issues from Florence. Their response, basically, was NO.

Original review posted by user Sep 21

Left Baltimore on Sept 9 in the Pride for my first Carnival cruise. I am not a novice; I have at least 16 cruises on Princess.

I am a recent widow and this was my first trip without my husband.

We were scheduled for a 2.5 day stay in Bermuda but due to Hurricane Florence we were redirected to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. None of those ports were of interest to me. I had trip insurance but don’t know if a change in itinerary would be considered reason to allow me to cancel. After 2 days at sea we spent 6 hrs on Grand Turk and 8 hrs at Half Moon Cay.

Then we were informed Freeport stop was being canceled and we would be heading back to Baltimore. Seven days at sea-14 hrs tops to get off the ship-original destination canceled-stop in Freeport canceled. The cruise to the eastern Caribbean is less expensive than the trip to Bermuda and I think we all should be reimbursed the difference at the very least. The 25% off a future cruise wont cost them much as many of us won’t cruise Carnival again.

My Booking #9SZ2T7.

The discrepancy in what I paid and cost of cheaper trip is $400. Come on Carnival - step up or you stand to lose customers and thousands of consumer dollars!

I liked: Food and most of the staff.

I didn't like: Excursion booker on carnival.

Comments