2.6
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

We always heard good things about Carnival Cruise Lines and were so excited when we booked our first cruise with you.We are experienced cruisers and have taken several cruises on Royal Caribbean but were looking forward to going to Cozumel and the Grand Cayman Islands on Carnival.

We planned this trip a year in advance and it was supposed to be a fun filled trip of a lifetime. It was our wedding anniversary and we were bringing our two adult children to Grand Cayman to show them where we had honeymooned. I can’t tell you how disappointed we are that Carnival changed the port of call to Costa Maya! The trip cost us over $4,500 and to change to a port we did not want to go to is disappointing and unacceptable.

We were locked into the sail date and had no choice to change the date or ship. We would have had to postpone the trip for another year and would have lost money as well. Costa Maya is not comparable to Grand Cayman and the $25 pp credit was insulting and unacceptable. If the change of port wasn’t bad enough, repairs to the ship were being made the whole time we were on board.

• While eating lunch on the back rear deck, we watched workmen replacing light fixtures while standing on the table top. • Several Atrium walkways were closed off due to sanding and staining of handrails. • A workman left a used paint brush on our desk in the room. • One of the elevators in the Atrium did not work the whole cruise.

• The water was shut off for two hours to make repairs while in port. One of the Wait Staff informed us that all the repairs being done were because the ship was getting ready to go to Cuba. That's the reason I believe you change the port not because you were experiencing a technical issue with the cruising speed. I believe you are getting the ship ready to offer cruises to Cuba.

You should not be making these repairs while people are supposed to be enjoying themselves. You should have taken the ship out of service and made the repairs then. I do not have any confidence that we will be sailing on Carnival ever again! To spend all that money and not go to a place that we choose to go to is unbelievable!

This will be our first and LAST time on Carnival. I certainly will not recommend Carnival to my family and friends. Part of a response back from Carnival. Welcome back home from your cruise aboard the Carnival Paradise.

Your letter has been forwarded to my attention and it’s my pleasure to respond. First we’d like to wish you and your husband a Happy Anniversary! Wishing you both many more anniversaries together! Thanks for letting us know your thoughts concerning your cruise experience.

We’re truly sorry for the change of itinerary and for not meeting your expectations. Yes, we extended a $25 per person onboard credit and empathize it was insulting and unacceptable; however, Carnival is not offering further compensation. In regards to maintenance and repairs being done, we apologize for any inconvenience. Please know your feedback is very much appreciated and will be shared with the relevant departments.

We assure you, your comments will be used to improve our service. Once again, we apologize for any disappointment this may have caused you. Please don’t let what happened this time around tarnish your entire opinion of us.

We’d love to welcome you back soon!I don't even know how to respond...

Review about: Carnival Cruise Line Cruise.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Crew, Nice crew members, Cabin crew was great.

I didn't like: 25 pp credit to change ports from grand caymen to costa maya, Changing of the port.

Had an Experience with Carnival Cruise Line?

Comments

Per the cruise contract they can change the itinerary with no notice or compensation